Facts About Your Trash*
- The average person throws away 70 pounds of clothing per year
- Each year, 3.8 billion pounds of unnecessary waste is added to our landfills
- Clothing and household textiles currently make up 5.2% of the waste in landfills
- Any textile item can be recycled, even if it has been worn, torn, or stained.
- Recycled textiles are either sold for someone else to wear or processed into fibers and turned into paper, insulation, carpet padding and other items
**According to the U.S. government’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)